Orientation for new students
Students enrolling at the UPM for the first time can find several orientation courses, "Starting Point", the "Preparatory Courses", or the Mentor Program, created to facilitate transition into college
- "Starting Point". Web Space access to help those students of the new intake to strengthen their knowledge and favour self-evaluation especially in the areas of mathematics and physics.
- “Mentor Program". A program of tutorials developed for students taking higher courses and supervised by teachers, to facilitate the academic and social integration of the new intake of students at the UPM, both in the first year and ERASMUS.
- "Preparatory Courses". These courses are given in the majority of Centres at the UPM during the month of September. Its objective is to strengthen the main concepts of subjects such as mathematics and physics to help the student to revise and reinforce their knowledge in these areas.Free-access online courses are also available. Examples:
- Physics: A preparatory course http://ocw.upm.es/course/fisica-prep-universidad
- Basic Physics http://www2.montes.upm.es/dptos/digfa/cfisica/