Research Group for Sustainable Environmental Management
Silvanet is the Research Group for Sustainable Environmental Management of the Technical University of Madrid (UPM). Its main research lines are:
- Ecology and sustainable forest management: stand structure, competition and growth of forest species.
- Modelling and simulation of natural processes.
- Remote sensing: multispectral, object oriented classification, LiDAR, etc.
- Design planning and management of natural areas.
- Quantitative methods in environmental management: Optimisation of spatial allocation of forest activities, non-parametric analysis for dasometric measurements.
- Landscape and territorial planning: forest externalities, forest policy, rural development, demography...
Here you can download the app of SiLVANET
- Associated Laboratory for external services, projects and reports on Geographic Information Systems, Remote Sensing, Territorial Planning and related activities:
and FoReStLab are in the Moncloa Campus of International Excellence